PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR FILMMAKERS (INDIVIDUALS & TV CREWS) WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE “REALTIME FILM MAKING CHALLENGE”.
For Clarification – because of numerous mails we have received from Filmmakers who do not understand, please note the following.
THE REAL TIME CHALLENGE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REGULAR SUBMISSION.
It is optional and entails creating a "new movie" during the days of the Film Festival (Sept 29 - Oct 1) to compete for the highest Awards we have –
THE PRESTIGIOUS HOUR GLASS AWARDS
Filmmakers who do not wish to participate in the Real-Time Challenge should ignore the call for engagement.
Festival will require the following:
1. TEAM NAME
2. Profile of each member of your crew and their job descriptions
3. Profile of Team Leader (Submitter)
4. For those participating remotely (From Outside Nigeria) - Country from where you and your team will be participating remotely
5. Send us a link to your Public show reel on YOUTUBE
6. SELECT A THEME: Options are (a) Religious Tolerance (b) Restoration of Conscience (c) The Horrors of War
7. Send us your script / screenplay for your short Movie (Duration should be between FIVE and THIRTY minutes)
8. Send a Short video clip where the team leader talks about the team and the Theme they have selected for their Movie (As listed in (5) above)
9. Create a Skype account for your Team and send us your Skype I.D for live feedback.
We should have these ASAP. After we have received all the required details, we shall then update the status of the application to "ACCEPTED" after the entry has been reviewed. Then, we’ll send Festival materials (including Graphic Laurels)
For Filmmakers submitting via film-freeway, please note that the show reel / demo reel submitted with your application for the REAL-TIME FILM CHALLENGE are NOT in competition in any other category except they are submitted separately under that category.
Remember to like our pages and review our performance as a Festival so far on the following platforms:
1. FILMFREEWAY: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/REALTIMEFILMFESTIVAL
2. FACEBOOK: (Like our Face book Page) https://www.facebook.com/realtimefilmfestival/
3. TWITTER: (Follow us on Twitter) https://twitter.com/realtimefest
4. YOUTUBE (Subscribe to our YOUTUBE Page) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKdhtCeTZ4phcJk_9sRxpSw
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: Especially For those participating remotely (From Outside Nigeria)
For Filmmakers participating remotely, it is compulsory to have a SKYPE ACCOUNT for follow up as well as reviews of daily work done so far so the Festival Admin and the Judges can keep track of your progress so far.
Also, for the purpose of Q&A (Questions and Answers - we would like for the people attending the Festival physically to be able to talk directly with the REALTIME FILM MAKERS participating remotely.
THE REALTIME FILM MAKING CHALLENGE ATTRACTS THE BIGGEST AWARDS AT THE FESTIVAL (THE HOURGLASS AWARD) SINCE IT REPRESENTS THE ESSENCE OF THE FESTIVAL. THIS IS TO LET OUR REALTIME FILMMAKERS UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS CHALLENGE.
Production of all REALTIME films will commence on the 29th of September 2016 and MUST be completed by 09.00 GMT on October 1st 2016 to be eligible for the HOURGLASS AWARDS which will be presented at a RED Carpet event.
Participants who take part remotely will have their Awards either shipped to them or sent to their Country’s High Commission in Nigeria.
NOTE That The Festival Cannot cater for Traveling expenses at this time, but will cater for Accommodation (ONLY) for International visiting participants in every category – both REGULAR & REAL-TIME.
All correspondence should be made to email@example.com